Deciding on Private School
We all want our children to succeed and to be provided the very best learning environment available to them.
At Haywood Christian Academy, a private Christian school in Waynesville, NC, we provide a learning environment that enhances your student’s academic mindset and provides opportunities for them to excel!
Encouraging and Stimulating:
- Class Size: Private schools are often known for the fact that their classroom sizes are smaller. This helps to provide one and one learning opportunities, allowing for the instructor to be able to offer an individualized learning style that is unique to your student. This promotes academic growth and learning.
- Comprehensive Learning: Here at Haywood Christian Academy, we provide a well-rounded education from K - 12th grade that is academically rigorous and rooted in a multisensory learning environment. Enrichment classes are provided in fine arts, technology, and study skills. This is all taught from a biblical perspective, giving your child the most important truth of all!
- Community Partnerships: Dual enrollment is often always provided within private education. It provides your high schooler with courses at a nearby college, helping prepare them for university upon graduation. At Haywood Christian Academy we also provide partnerships with local businesses that can work with your High School Senior providing internships, which earn high school and college credits.
A child’s social experience in their younger years can make a significant difference in how they interact with the world as adults. Healthy, loving, and community-focused experiences as children can produce healthy, loving, community-focused adults!
Engaging in Community:
- Athletics: Athletics is important and rewarding for all types of schools. The difference is that at Haywood Christian Academy a Christ-centered competition is expected. This type of Christian team environment provides skills that go beyond childhood. Academics, though important, do not take the place of church, school, or family commitments, an essential priority needing to be learned before adulthood.
- Community Outreach: The smaller class sizes not only help academically but can also provide a family-oriented environment. This has been shown to help prevent isolation among students and, instead, instill a sense of community. At Haywood Christian Academy, students are also required to serve their local communities through various outreaches during the school year.
The most important thing a parent can ever do for their child is to guide them towards a life of serving Christ.
At a private Christian school, your child is being equipped to not only face the challenges of the world through an academically prepared view but also through a Christ-centered lens that can help them overcome the impossible through the Lord.
- Christ-Centered Leaders: The world is a challenging place, and strong Godly leaders are sparse. Few people will grow and guide your child towards holiness as you will. However, giving them an environment even outside of the home that strives to “prepare them for the real world” through a godly lens and not a worldly one will be one of the best gifts you could give your child. Proverbs 22:6 says, “Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old, he will not depart from it.” The world says that the odds are always against us, but we know that giving our kids the best opportunities can significantly put the odds in their favor!
As you can see, private schools provide so much more for your child than just an individualized and comprehensive academic experience. At Haywood Christian Academy, our mission is to develop students into Christian leaders by providing an excellent education experience on a foundation of Biblical truth.
We would love to speak with you about our values and academic curriculum. You can call (828) 627-0229 or visit our website to speak with our helpful staff today!