There is still a lot of uncertainty about what public school will look like in the fall. Even if with a plan in place, this year has certainly taught us to be flexible as plans change and evolve. Many parents, however, are finding that they would rather their students be in an institution that has as much flexibility as possible to make its own decisions about how to best protect and serve students.
We believe private Christian education is the best option for children. If you are considering making a change or have found that recent events have helped make the decision for you, we want to walk you through a few of the benefits and provide a snapshot of how your child can become a student here.
Why You Should Choose Private Christian Education
The mission of Haywood Christian Academy is to develop students into Christian leaders by providing an excellent educational experience on a foundation of Biblical truth. Our vision extends beyond Waynesville and Haywood County to impact the culture of WNC and the world by embracing children and releasing Christ-centered leaders. Our students graduate and become the Christian leaders of the future, leading the mountains and beyond to hear the gospel and know Christ. There are many benefits to Christian private education. A few benefits include:
- Freedom: We have the freedom to choose what curriculum and teaching methods we feel like will benefit our students and honor God. We also have freedom in the way we are able to schedule the school calendar and structure the school day.
- Worldview: With the freedom to teach, we are able to help students develop a Christian worldview. A worldview is the lens through which students see history and the world around them. We help students see the world the way God and the Scriptures portray it.
- Discipleship: This is such an important time in your child’s life, and you want to surround them with people who will help them develop into mature, Christ-centered adults. At HCA, your children are not just taught academically but discipled to know Jesus by their educators.
- Community: Haywood Christian Academy is a Christian community. From teachers to coaches, to support staff, your child will be surrounded by people who know and love Jesus. They will be encouraged to engage in ministry with people who have the same goal, spreading the good news of Jesus throughout western North Carolina and the world.
- Academics: Haywood Christian Academy was founded on the principle of excellence. Students should perform at or above grade level and reflect character and behavior consistent with Christian standards to be admitted. Once they become students, they will be challenged continually to grow and advance in their studies.
Private Christian education is the only way to ensure your children receive Christ as part of their education. If we believe God created the world and universe and has a plan for its existence and future, then we can see the importance of combining Scripture with academics.
Next Steps for Enrollment
We welcome all students. HCA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national origin in the administrations of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial assistance programs, athletic programs, or other school-administered programs. If you are ready to pursue the possibility of your child attending Haywood Christian School, contact our admission office here. Someone will reach out to you shortly to discuss the next steps. We will help you schedule a tour so you can see our campus and facilities, meet faculty and administrators, and learn more about how we combine the highest quality academics with a Christ-centered worldview. At HCA, we are committed to providing the best experience for your child.