What brought you to Waynesville, North Carolina? You might have been here most of your life and can even trace your family's roots in the area back several generations. However, if you spend any time in and around downtown Waynesville, you are going to meet people who are not originally from the mountains. Whether it is the grocery store, the coffee shop, or the park, you will hear questions like, "What brought you to western North Carolina?" You will often receive responses such as:
- I visited Haywood County and fell in love with the mountains.
- I found a great career in Asheville or here in Waynesville.
- I came here to enjoy exploring all of the hiking and mountain biking trails in this area.
- I heard about the quality of life in western North Carolina and moved here as quickly as I could.
- I want to raise my family somewhere safe and surrounded by beautiful nature.
- I cannot get enough of the emphasis on small businesses in Haywood County.
- I wanted to live somewhere close to quality medical care, universities, and excellent schools.
Whatever brought you to Haywood County, you probably already know that we have many great schools here. If you are considering a private school in the Waynesville area, here are some questions to ask to help you make the right decision.
- What is your school's mission statement? The answer to this question could be a deal-breaker.
- What do you believe about God and the Scriptures? If you were searching for a Christian private school, the answer to this question can tell you whether or not a school is Christ-centered.
- How should academics be taught? You want a school to be committed to quality academics, but for Christian parents, it is vital that the institution teaches subjects through the lens of a Christian worldview.
- What is the role of the teacher? Teachers are not merely conveyors of information. They are mentors. At Haywood Christian Academy, our teachers are disciple-makers.
- How will you help my child grow? Through a commitment to the gospel, excellent academics, teachers invested in your child's future, and high-quality extracurricular programs, you can count on our school to help your child grow to their full potential and flourish in their community.
Haywood Christian Academy is a private Christian school near Lake Junaluska, close to the town of Waynesville. We are confident that we can answer every question you have about our private school in a manner that glorifies God. We are committed to seeing students become well-rounded adults who strive to glorify God in everything they do and have the knowledge they need to take the gospel out into the world. If you would like to know more information about our school, contact us. We would be happy to answer your questions and schedule a tour.
If you'd like to read about even more questions to ask, review our article on How To Research Private Schools.