Summer Learning Waynesville, NC
At Haywood Christian Academy, we are lifelong learners. We enjoy learning everything we can about the world God created. While our faculty and administrators look forward to summer break for rest and recuperation from a long school year, we know how important it is to keep our brains engaged and active. For parents, it is important to help children avoid viewing summer as a time to put their books on the shelf with their school books. We have to get our kids to continue learning throughout the summer. Here are a few ways you can keep the learning going during the break.
Help Children Continue Learning Throughout Summer Waynesville, NC
Our mission is to develop students into Christian leaders by providing an excellent educational experience on a foundation of Biblical truth. We recognize that parents have a significant role in their children's education. Summer is your time to be the fun primary teacher. Here are a few ways to make western North Carolina an excellent classroom:
- Take Your Kids Hiking: There are hundreds of miles of hiking trails in Haywood County. There are thousands of miles within a short drive of Waynesville. Your children will learn so much about nature, science, athleticism, and preparation by hiking often.
- Find Waterfalls and Swimming Holes: There are dozens of waterfalls to explore in our area. Many of them make excellent swimming holes as well. Your children will learn about water, gravity, salamanders, and so much more while you are finding waterfalls.
- Teach Your Kids Mountain Biking: Mountain biking is a fun way to explore western North Carolina. It is an activity you and your children can enjoy together.
- Read With Your Children: Reading is better for brains than watching television or playing video games. If you are trying to convince your children not to overdo it on screen time, you might consider reading novels together. Here are some ideas to get started.
- Write a Play: When your children get bored with reading, you can have them write their own stories. If they write their stories in the form of plays, your family can act them out together.
- Have a Routine Family Devotional Time: While everyone is together and enjoying a break from school, it is the perfect time to establish a family devotional time. You can use online resources or come up with your own. Whether you do it daily or weekly, you can use the summer to make it a routine that will carry on into the school year.
Haywood Christian Academy is a private Christian school located in Waynesville, NC near Lake Junaluska. If you would like to know more information about how your child can be a student at HCA, we would love to answer your questions.
Contact Haywood Christian Academy for more information about the benefits of private Christian education in western North Carolina.